As we have reported in our blog previously, the failure of a healthcare provider to respond reasonably and accurately to situations that may arise during the birth of your child can have devastating consequences. Many birth injuries, including cerebral palsy, erb’s palsy and brain damage, are the result of doctor errors and/or issues with delays. It should be noted that issues like a delay in ordering a caesarian (C-) section or a physician erroneously using forceps or a vacuum extractor can result in a child suffering injuries that can haunt him or her for life. Sadly, this is not uncommon. Recently, a Maryland appeals court upheld a $20.6 million verdict for a family whose son was born with cerebral palsy. The Maryland Daily Record reported recently that an appeals court upheld Shantiah and Joel Norfleet’s case. The Norfleet’s were awarded the money after their son Jaylan’s obstetrician failed to perform a prompt…
Read More »
Let Us Review Your Case
- Cerebral Palsy: Family Awarded $20.6 Million After Botched Delivery
- Are There Laws About When Birth Injury Lawsuits Can Be Filed?
- Why Should I Contact the Birth Injury Attorneys at Cappolino Dodd Krebs LLP?
- How Do Brain Injuries Occur During Childbirth?
- Can a Mother File a Malpractice Lawsuit If She Is Injured During a Delivery?